Tip for selecting attractive eye glasses
Choosing new eyeglasses can be overwhelming with the number of options, styles, colors, and types of frames. Many patients struggle to know which shape or style looks best. Located in San Diego, CA, the team at Coastal Skin and Eye Institute offers tips on selecting attractive eyeglasses to help make your decision easier.
Your family and friends recognize you by your face. Therefore, the eyeglasses you select are part of your identity. Whether you want to appear sophisticated, trendy, youthful, or conservative, the right frames play a role in how you are perceived by others. Selecting frames that match your personality and lifestyle help define the way you look.
Our licensed, professional staff can help you select suitable eyeglasses that complement your face and lifestyle. We can help you understand your options for lenses such as anti-reflective coatings or scratch resistant materials. We determine the pupil distance and adapt the selected product to ensure a comfortable fit. Your eyeglasses become part of your appearance. They should look attractive and fit without pinching your nose or head and without falling off.
TIPS FOR SELECTING NEW FRAMES
Our professional staff can help you find great eyeglasses to highlight and fit your face. The following tips may help you in your quest to find new frames.
- Consider your face shape. Face shape plays a role in the best glasses for an individual. The main face shapes include oval, triangle, oblong, square, diamond, and round. When selecting eyeglasses, the appropriate pair should contrast the face shape but fit the face size.
- Select eyeglasses in the right size. Size matters. Try on different pairs to see what fits your facial shape and size the best. Frames that are too small can feel tight, pinch your nose, or limit your peripheral vision. Glasses that are too large may slide off your nose or head.
- Highlight your features. Look at your face and choose your best or favorite feature. Consider your eyes, hair, skin color, and face shape. Then pick a frame that accentuates that feature.
- Try to complement colors. The features of your face work together to create your overall coloring and tone. Your skin, eyes, and hair have different features and tones to give you your own unique coloring. Each person has a cool or warm skin tone. A patient with cool coloring has blue or pink undertones in his or her skin. Warm skin tones have yellow or orange undertones. Choose eyeglasses that complement or work together with your overall coloring.
- Consider frames that suit your lifestyle. Your eyeglasses are going to be a fixture on your face daily or at least for specific situations. Make sure they are suitable for your daily routines, but also allow them to represent your personality. If you lead an active lifestyle, consider getting eyewear with a band. If you spend a great deal of time outdoors or in front of a computer, consider tinted lenses to protect your eyes.
- Choose lenses with an anti-reflective coating. This is a clear coating that eliminates reflections on both sides of the lenses. This cuts down on glares and improves night visions. Anti-reflective coating allows for clear, sharp vision. Individuals can make better eye contact without dingy lenses in the way.
- Think about the weight and material that you want. Frames are usually plastic, metal, or a combination of materials. The material used determines how heavy the frames are, how long they may last, and the average cost. Metal frames are typically long-lasting and have adjustable nose pads. Plastic frames are lightweight, do not contain adjustable nose pads, and may be less expensive than other materials.
We understand that patients like convenience. For some patients, there may be many aspects to their lives and personalities. To complement the various pieces of your lifestyle, more than one pair of eyeglasses may be needed. Our team can help you select attractive eyeglasses to suit the different activities in your life.
Choosing quality eyewear is an investment in how you look and see. Our team carries a large selection of eyeglasses. Our professional team can guide you through the process of optimizing your vision and selecting attractive eyeglasses. Contact Coastal Skin and Eye Institute to schedule an appointment for a vision check.