Internal and external factors contribute to facial aging. Heredity, aging, and environmental are factors that combine to cause changes in the skin and volume loss in the mid face. Female hormones are partially responsible for these changes. The family of Juvéderm fillers can temporarily reverse the signs of aging to restore a youthful appearance and a smooth, natural look and feel to your skin.
What is hyaluronic acid (HA)?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the body. It is one of the building blocks of the skin that binds to water to hydrate the skin. Hyaluronic acid is responsible for the plumpness, suppleness, and smoothness of youthful skin. With age the ability to produce hyaluronic acid diminishes.
What is Juvéderm?
Juvéderm is a family of FDA-approved injectable fillers containing hyaluronic acid to temporarily restore volume lost due to aging. This family of fillers is the world’s number one best-selling fillers for smoothing, contouring and volumizing. There are five different and long-lasting fillers. Each is designed for different areas of the face to address your unique needs.
Supplementing HA rehydrates the skin providing immediate volume and stimulating collagen and elastin production to rebuild facial volume, smooth fine lines, and reduce deep wrinkles to restore a youthful appearance. As new collagen forms, the filler begins to breakdown providing a more lasting rejuvenation than other fillers.
The Juvéderm family
All these fillers contain a numbing agent called lidocaine for your comfort.
- Juvéderm Voluxä XC restores volume to moderate to severe loss of the jawline definition, to redefine the jawline. It can last up to two years.
- Juvéderm Vollureâ XC is a softer version of Voluma that is ideal to soften moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles. It lasts up to 18 months.
- Juvéderm Volumaâ XC is designed to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks, enhancing cheek contours and reducing sagging. It lifts and sculpts and delivers long-lasting cheek volumization. It can last up to two years.
- Juvéderm Volbellaâ XC is for lip augmentation, to correct lip lines and improve the appearance of undereye hollows. It lasts about 12 months.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC is used to treat fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth and for lip augmentation. It lasts up to a year.
What are the benefits of Juvéderm treatment?
- It is versatile and can be used to treat many areas of the face
- Results are immediately rejuvenating
- They break down slowly and are naturally absorbed by the body
- There is no downtime or recovery
- It is safe and effective to add back volume lost due to aging
- There is no risk of allergic reaction because HA is biocompatible
- It is minimally invasive, and FDA approved
What are some of the popular treatment areas?
It is often used to:
- smooth fine lines around the eyes (Crow’s feet)
- diminish fine lines around the nose and mouth
- fill and reduce the appearance of forehead wrinkles
- plump thin and even out uneven lips
- address nasolabial folds from the nose to the mouth
The key to achieving an aesthetically pleasing outcome is an expert injector with an artistic eye. One with a deep knowledge of facial anatomy and structures, who can deliver the right amount of filler to achieve your goals. At Coastal Skin and Eye, our board – certified dermatologists are trained and experienced in assessing your facial structure, evaluating your aging process, and discussing the best options to achieve your aesthetic goals. Contact us to schedule a consultation today.