What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is a revolutionary procedure used to reduce fat without surgery or any form of invasive treatment. It was developed by Harvard scientists and was the world’s first non-surgical fat reduction procedure. The CoolSculpting system uses advanced cooling technology to target and kill fat cells in problem areas like your chin and jawline, abdomen, love handles, bra fat, back and thighs, under your buttocks, and upper arms. The treated fat cells are eliminated naturally by your body over time, leaving you with a more sculpted appearance.
CoolSculpting is safe, painless and requires no downtime. It has been proven to be an effective way to reduce small amounts of fat in the target areas without causing damage to the surrounding tissue. This makes it the perfect option for those who are looking to reduce fat without surgery or downtime.
CoolSculpting is available at Coastal Skin and Eye Institute to help patients in the San Diego area address specific areas where fat tends to accumulate. We find that the best patients for CoolSculpting treatment are within their ideal weight range and are bothered by certain spots of stubborn fat that have accumulated and do not respond to diet and exercise.
How does CoolSculpting work?
CoolSculpting is an effective treatment used to target unwanted fat on a particular area of the body and essentially “freeze” it away! That is achieved using a process called Cryolipolysis. Cryolipolysis is a unique way in which the fat cells can be naturally treated. Instead of undergoing invasive treatments such as liposuction, CoolSculpting is an in-office procedure to slowly treat unwanted fatty deposits. The fat cells are frozen and flushed out of the body naturally for gradual, yet noticeable, results in the treated area. It is done without surgery, with minimal to no downtime, and in an affordable manner.
What can I expect from my treatments?
Most people need several treatments to achieve desired results. You can expect 20%-25% fat reduction in the treated areas per treatment. It can take three months to see full results after the second session. After each treatment, your clinician will massage the treated areas for about two minutes to assist the body in removing the damaged fat cells and to help reduce swelling and any potential bruising.
What are the advantages of CoolSculpting?
There are several benefits associated with this type of procedure:
- CoolSculpting is a non-invasive treatment – There are no incisions or needles used. This eliminates any potential discomfort associated with traditional liposuction and means you can return to your normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Long Lasting Results – Unlike other treatments the results of CoolSculpting have been shown to be long-lasting and can be maintained with a proper diet and exercise. The treatment works to permanently eliminate fat cells in the targeted area, so that once they are gone, they stay away for good. However, it is important to note that individual results may vary, and further treatments may be needed to achieve desired outcomes.
- Safe and Effective – CoolSculpting is a safe, FDA-cleared body contouring technique that has proven effective in clinical studies. This means you can be confident that you are receiving the best care from a qualified team of professionals.
- CoolSculpting provides natural, gradual changes to the treated area.
- CoolSculpting is more affordable than expensive plastic surgeries.
- CoolSculpting targets specific areas where fat deposits remain after diet and exercise changes.
- CoolSculpting is a highly customizable procedure and can be tailored to meet your individual needs.
Depending on the areas you’re targeting, our experienced practitioners will develop a tailored plan that best suits your body shape and desired results. Treatments typically take about an hour and most patients begin to see results in two to four months.
If you’re looking for a non-surgical, safe, and effective way to reduce fat without any downtime, CoolSculpting may be the perfect solution for you. Contact Coastal Skin and Eye Institute in San Diego today to learn more about how CoolSculpting can help you achieve your desired results.