We communicate with our facial expressions. They reflect our feelings and emotions. Each time you frown or squint, facial muscles pull your skin into folds. These are called dynamic wrinkles created by the muscles of expression such as surprise, anger, concern, worry and squinting.
As you repeat these expressions over time the creases become etched into your skin creating the “elevens” between the eyebrows, horizontal furrows on the forehead and crow’s feet at the corners of the eyes, the most common areas for treatment. These dynamic wrinkles make you appear tired, fatigued, angry, sad, and older than you really are.
What areas can be treated with Botox for rejuvenation?
Botox treatments can treat dynamic wrinkles including:
- Horizonal furrows
- Crow’s feet
- Bunny lines on the nose
- Smile lines around the mouth
In the hands of the expert injectors at Coastal Skin and Eye Institute, Botox treatments can also address:
- a dimpled chin
- a gummy smile
- reduce the appearance of vertical lip lines
- enhance facial symmetry
- raise droopy eyebrows
- lift the corners of the mouth to improve your smile
- release and smooth neck bands and horizontal neck lines.
How does Botox work?
Botox treats the source of these dynamic wrinkles, muscle contractions. This purified protein is called a neuromodulator. Neuromodulators are wrinkle relaxers for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation.
Botox is injected into precise points on the face with a very fine needle, to interrupt signals from nerves that trigger muscle contractions. The result is less noticeable dynamic wrinkles.
When will I see results and how long do results last?
As the muscles relaxing, you will begin to see noticeable changes within the first few days. Full effects will be visible within ten to fourteen days. Results typically last three to four months depending on the areas treated. The satisfaction rate is high.
Will I need maintenance treatments?
If you desire to maintain improvements, we recommend regular maintenance treatments to retain a refreshed, youthful appearance. When Botox injections are repeated on a regular schedule you can prevent deepening existing dynamic wrinkles and even help to prevent the formation of new dynamic wrinkles.
Will I look natural?
Yes. You will look more rested and relaxed. Injections temporarily relax the muscles of expression and smooth dynamic wrinkles. When injected by an expert like your Coastal Skin and Eye dermatologist, you will look like yourself only refreshed. They use the smallest effective dose, just enough to relax the targeted muscles so that you maintain natural facial expressions.
Can Botox treatments prevent aging?
No. Botox injections do not stop the aging process but can help slow the visible signs of aging caused by the muscles of expression.
What are the benefits of Botox?
- Well tolerated – During the procedure, most patients say they feel little pinches or pricks as your dermatologist treats the chosen areas. Ice packs or topical numbing cream can be used for patients with very sensitive skin.
- Fast – An injection session typically takes about 15 minutes, depending on the number of areas to be treated.
- Safe – Botox® is approved by the FDA, and its safety is backed by 20 years of experience and science.
- No downtime – You may return to work or other activities right after treatment.
- Improved quality of life – Results will make you feel better about yourself and your appearance. Solid research reports that Botox treatments into the forehead muscles can inhibit frowning which can mitigate the symptoms of anger and depression! Other research reports that treatments result in improved satisfaction with your appearance, and an improved perception of youthfulness, attractiveness, restedness and self-confidence.
Isn’t it time you did something nice for yourself? Contact Coastal Skin and Eye Institute to schedule a consultation with a Coastal Skin and Eye dermatologist to learn how cosmetic injections can help you turn back time and enhance your self-esteem.